Sunday, February 17, 2013

2 Point Banana Pancakes


 As you can tell from my previous posts, there is no meal I adore more than breakfast. Besides brunch, of course. I found the idea for Banana Pancakes on Pinterest.  They suggested 2 eggs and 1 banana, but I upped the ante and plugged the recipe into the Weight Watchers Recipe Creator. Turns out these bad boys, at 1/3 cup each, are worth 2 points each!

They were actually light, fluffy and scrumptious. I was surprised at the short amount of time they required for cooking. Now, for the answer to why "can't" I loose weight? I ate three of these bad boys, which was 6 points. No biggy for a brunch. THEN, I had a tbs. of butter (2 points) and a tbs. of maple syrup (2 points). I went from a 6 point breakfast to a 10 breakfast in 10 seconds flat. Instead of ridiculing myself for this decision, I am going to frame it in a positive way and say next time I will skip the butter and have a tsp of syrup.

Recipe for Banana Pancakes:

3 Bananas, ripe and mashed
3 eggs
1/3 cup Pamela's Gluten-Free Baking Mix
Cinnamon until the heart is content
1 tsp vanilla

Mix it all up until it has the consitency of pancake batter, slap and griddle in 1/3 cup portions and cook both sides until golden brown!

1 comment:

  1. Those sound good, I think Monday we will try these! Thanks lil Sister

    ReplyDelete